Friday, April 30, 2010

The Dishes Will Wait

From time to time a downpour of rain falls from the sky, spattering itself over the edge of the roof, down the porch post and onto the ground below. The rain is a blessing from heaven – providing much-needed nourishment for the spring flowers and a mandatory rest period for the farmers who have been working long hours to get the crops in.

Everyone gets a break.

Except those of us who have been working inside.

(Me, for example.)

I’ve been spending the past fourteen weeks taking an on-line writing class. It’s been a big help with my ongoing project – my book. This endeavor began in 2007. And continues today. No, it’s not that long of a book – it’s just taking me that long.

Because I have to live my life alongside the writing.

My next class begins on May 9th – and goes for twelve weeks.

So my blog posts will continue to be sacrificed. My apologies to those of you who have begged for something new to read.

In the meantime, please click on a couple of the other blog links I have posted right below the picture of the little red tree.

Those who know me well know how important I feel about educating everyone about traumatic brain injury. Visit the blog “My TBI Life” and read about a woman who suffered a TBI after she was kicked in the head by a horse. Her remarkable recovery is inspirational.

Click on “The Dust Will Wait” and meet Pamela, who is a great writer and also a great photographer. The stories about her family will entertain you and touch your heart.

And for those who are interested in parenting, please visit “Pass the Torch” (it's author is the woman who got me started writing) and “My Cup 2 Yours”. Their stories of raising children, homeschooling adventures and empowering youth will enlighten you.

Dig into their archives for some awesome reading.

Until I’m done with my book….the dishes will wait.

2 comments:

Sue Wang said...

Diane- This is a beautiful blog. I love the tulips and Kyle's tree. And love you vivid description of sceneries. And I see your personality coming out. Isn't it great that you don't need to worry about scenes and structure and just write? I just love this!!!

It's an honor to be writing along with you.

Dennis & Jodi said...

I found your blog via My TBI Life. I have 3 survivors in my family and care for 2 full time and one is in a personal care home. My son and my hubby are both my 'daily' care...but are so high functioning that you wouldn't know it to look at them! ☺ But we still deal with TBI issues daily. My dad is in the PCH and is a quadriplegic and has severe brain damage.I have enjoyed the reading so far of your blog and will continue reading!